YMCA PLANS TO REOPEN – We are planning to reopen the Y, and we will be stronger than ever! We miss you and cannot wait to see you.
As a nonprofit dedicated to keeping our community healthy, safe and thriving for all, Y members like you make our impact possible. Thank you for staying with us during these incredibly challenging times.
Thanks to your support, the Y was able to offer emergency childcare, meals and snacks to children in need and we will continue to offer as we move forward. You were here for your community when it needed you most, and we remain here for you.
We are thrilled to announce that we are taking steps to reopen our facility on June 1st, 2020 and reactivate key programs in the very near future. We are so happy to welcome you back to the Y.
We know that we must continue to be safe, so we are committing to the following as we reopen.
What the Y will do:
• Possibly: Single Entry/Exit: To help maintain safety protocols, the Y will maintain a single entry/exit point at all YMCA locations.
• Regular Temperature Checks: Both staff and members will receive temperature checks before being allowed to start their work shift or to check-in.
• PPE for All Staff: All staff will be ask to wear masks and other personal protective equipment if they feel unsafe.
• Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry.
• Designed for Social Distance: All open areas inside the Y are being evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members.
How Y members can help maintain safety
The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
• Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. Members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, are strongly encouraged to check with their doctor prior to visiting.
• Be Ready for Temperature Checks: All members will have their temperature taken prior to check-in.
• Keep the Kids at Home: We are unable to provide child watch service at this time and recommend you not bring children and other family members with you as common area seating will be extremely limited.
• Bring a Towel and a Mask: Members will be asked to bring their own workout towel (towel services will not be provided). The Y also requests that members bring a mask and wear it whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present.
• Keep Your Distance: Exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
• Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, the wellness and pool areas will have a limited capacity.
• Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Help reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. with the provided cleaning materials. If members can please bring your own mats.
Please note: Other changes will be announced as we hear more updates from Gov. Brown about opening protocols.