Donations to our annual Strong Kids Campaign help us pay for memberships for low-income children and families. This campaign also raises money to pay for youth programs. Even though we charge a fee, most of our youth programs do not generate enough money to pay for themselves. These contributions allow us to continue serving children and families with values-based programs. This year we will give out $160,000 worth of services to low-income children and families, community organizations, schools and churches, thanks to the donations we received for our Strong Kids Campaign. Donations this past year have helped us:
- Provide free or reduced memberships to over 330 low income children.
- Provide free swim lessons to over 240 children (thanks to the Grants Pass Rotary Club).
- Provide reduced fees to over 230 low income children to participate in camps and youth sports.
- Sustain drop-in, structured activities for youth so that kids can benefit from healthy activities and get guidance from positive staff role models.
- Reduce fees for over 4600 youth to visit the YMCA (Most of these youth were part of a social service, school or church group that could not afford to pay the full daily fee).
- Provide reduced fee memberships to over 400 low income adults.
- Partially underwrite our Youth Theater Ensemble program. Theater Ensemble provides 75 children with a two-week youth theater camp experience.
- Acquire new equipment for our Youth Room, adding more active programming
for the children that participate.
- Staff our 30 foot, “state of the art” climbing wall.
Our goal for 2016 is $65,000. You may send a check to us at:
Grants Pass YMCA
PO Box 5439
Grants Pass, OR 97527
Or click below to make a secure donation.