2017 Strong Kids Campaign
Donations to our annual Strong Kids Campaign help us pay for memberships for low-income children and families. This campaign also raises money to pay for youth programs. Even though we charge a fee, most of our youth programs do not generate enough money to pay for themselves. These contributions allow us to continue serving children and families with values-based programs. This year we will give out more than $200,000 worth of services to low-income children and families, community organizations, schools and churches, thanks to the donations we received for our Strong Kids Campaign. Donations this past year have helped us:
- Provide free or reduced memberships to over 450 low income children.
- Provide free swim lessons to over 240 children (thanks to the Grants Pass Rotary Club).
- Provide reduced fees to over 230 low income children to participate in camps and youth sports.
- Sustain drop-in, structured activities for youth so that kids can benefit from healthy activities and get guidance from positive staff role models.
- Reduce fees for over 5,800 youth to visit the YMCA (Most of these youth were part of a social service, school or church group that could not afford to pay the full daily fee).
- Provide reduced fee memberships to over 500 low income adults.
- Partially underwrite our Youth Theater Ensemble program. Theater Ensemble provides 75 children with a two-week youth theater camp experience.
- Staff our 30 foot climbing wall, youth room and youth gym; providing wholesome drop-in activities for kids.
Our goal for 2017 is $70,000. You may send a check to us at:
Grants Pass YMCA
PO Box 5439
Grants Pass, OR 97527
Or click below to make a secure donation.
Wilbur Christiani Endowment Fund:
We also need donations for our Wilbur Christiani Endowment Fund to help us sustain our programs and services for future generations. This Endowment Fund was named in memory of Wilbur Christiani, a long time YMCA employee and ambassador. Gifts to our Endowment Fund remain in the principal forever. The interest generated from this fund goes to support youth programs. In effect, a gift to the Endowment Fund gives and gives forever.
Many people choose to leave the YMCA in their will. Leaving part of an estate to the YMCA, or naming the YMCA as beneficiary of an insurance policy can be a great way to leave a gift to the Wilbur Christiani Endowment Fund.
Your donations are greatly appreciated! To contribute to either fund, please call or email Kevin Clark, our Executive Director, at (541) 474-0001 or email@example.com.